Thursday, July 26, 2012

Jueves - 21.47

This morning was awful, I wanted to hit snooze but I knew I couldn't. I tossed and turned forever last night, only to be woken up not much later. I'm not sure if it was a dream or not, but I heard carlitos scream. Why do I think it might have been a dream? One, because it only lasted a minute, two because it was more like a laugh scream? I don't know, either way I am exhausted now. Plus I somehow got mosquito bites all over my legs, and they are a pain to try and sleep with too! I got to campus a bit later than usual, but still had enough time to check email and such, using campus wifi! Art class was interesting today, we learned more about Picasso, and we started learning about Dalí today too. I'm trying to drink more to alleviate dehydration, so I drank a bottle on the way to campus, two more during the art class. For this, I had to run to the bathroom during our break, which was twenty minutes later than usual. She wanted to finish talking about Dalí before she let us go. After the break, we recapped everything that is going to be on the exam. I think I'm prepared, but I'll go over my notes again before Monday. Between classes I ran to the bathroom again, and then to the USAC office. I got an email saying to come pick up the time sheet when I can get my deposit back. I get it back on Monday anytime before three. So I can go before my exams, in between, or after, depending on how long they take and whether I want to review more or not.

My conversation class, as usual, started about ten minutes late. That is one thing I will not miss about Spain, is how everyone is so laid back and NOT punctual. If I'm a few minutes late I freak out and apologize profusely. If they're ten minutes late they act as if it's completely normal (which for them it is). It's frustrating to punctual people. We had a presentation today, over fútbol. Before the presentation, though, we did class evaluations. I got asked again to take the envelope to the office. Maybe I just seem more responsible than my peers? I don't know, but I said sure. We got out five minutes late again, I really don't think she knows what time class is supposed to start or end... But oh well, only one more day until I'm done!

After class I went to the bathroom, and then to the office. On my metro ride home, since I don't have internet, I figured I could write my blog posts bit by bit, so I started writing today's. When I got back to Pacífico, I headed to the supermarket to buy lunch. Today I bought Asian type rice, basically fried rice. The rice wasn't cooked very much though, so it wasn't too good. Oh well, better than another sandwich. After I ate that, I fell asleep. I snoozed my alarm too, thus missing the time I had to spend at the monastery. Oh well, I guess I needed the sleep.

A while later I headed out to meet with Cora. We went to a bar in Madrid, the first time we weren't on campus. It was nice. I didn't get to finish the story, but we're planning on meeting either Sunday or Monday after my exams. I should be able to finish it then. I was so tired though, I mostly just listened. It's still easier for me to understand, but I kind of felt like I was in a fog, like I didn't quite understand what was happening. After our meeting, I headed back to the apartment. On my way, I saw not one, but two Dalmatians! It totally made my day! I had enough time to shower before dinner, so I did so. Then I played games on my phone for the next half hour until dinner. It was lasagna today, absolutely delicious! Yogurt for dessert, the kind with brown sugar. A wonderful end to my day. Now I'm going to brush my teeth and hit the sack!

No comments:

Post a Comment