Monday, July 16, 2012

Lunes - 22:11


Well today was not a great day. I woke up and got to classes just fine. I went to the USAC office first thing to pick up my deposit from going to Segovia on Saturday. Then my art class today was a bit more boring than usual, but that might just be because I’m ready for classes to be over and done with. She said we’ll get our exams back by Wednesday, so we’ll see how I did then. She said she already started reading and grading them, and that the ones she read could have included a lot more detail from the readings, so I hope she hasn’t read mine yet!

After class I just headed straight to my conversation class. As usual, she was about ten to fifteen minutes late. I wonder if she knows what time class is supposed to start… That class is becoming my least favorite very quickly. I’m just too shy and withdrawn to really be able to participate in a conversation class dominated by more powerful personality types. It’s not a lot of work, but I’m just too shy and quiet to volunteer stuff in class. My movie class today wasn’t too terrible. We discussed the movie we watched last Wednesday and then she gave a presentation about a director (I think). I didn’t actually pay attention; I played hearts on my phone. I’m so ready for classes to be over. I only have nine more days, three for my film class. I present my movie this Wednesday, so I’ll get that out of the way. Then I just have a paper and an exam. Home stretch I suppose.

After that I headed to the supermarket and bought more Nutella and peanuts. I also bought another tortilla patata for my lunch. It was delicious, as usual. As I was sitting on the bench near the metro, between the street and the university, I got to see something I didn’t want to see. A man let his little girl drop her pants in the middle of the sidewalk to pee in a tree box, like a dog. I mean, come on, I know she’s little but is that really acceptable? Especially when he saw me eating my lunch not ten feet away! There are some things about this culture that I don’t think I can get used to.

Then I headed home. I was in a really blue mood and tired, since Carlitos woke me up screaming during the night again. I took a nap. I didn’t end up getting up until about six forty-five, seven o’clock. Then I did some emails and started chatting with Brandon on Gmail. I also cancelled my reservations for the hostels in Sevilla and Granada. I’m not going to go anymore. It makes me really sad to say, since I really wanted to go, but I don’t want to go alone. I know I’ll have way more fun if someone goes with me. I also don’t want to travel so close to when I have to leave for home. So I’ll just try and have fun here in Madrid for the weekend.

Other than that, the only eventful thing I did was dinner. It was potatoes and a sloppy joe type meat. It was pretty good, but way too much. I had to force myself to eat half of it. Then I showered, and now I’m going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment