Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Martes - 10.16

Well, I got up this morning excited at the thought of coming home! I ate my breakfast, packed the last few things, pulled on my tennies, and rolled my suitcase to the door. Saying goodbye to Pilar wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be, she is really nice. SHE actually thanked ME for staying with them! Hmm. I left the dog (with a sticky note explanation) and the thank you note/drawing on the shelf above my bed do they'll see it later. All is wrapped up and taken care of! Pilar actually said I would have no problem on the metro because my bag was so small. She saw my suitcase and my gray carry on and asked if that was it... She expected me to have another suitcase! I was glad though, because "problem" is one word I DON'T want to hear today.

I managed to get through the metro system just fine, it wasn't wall to wall people because of the time I left this morning. The only hard part was carrying my luggage down the stairs. The escalator wasn't working. But it was only at one station because all the rest had elevators or escalators. There was a sign in the metro saying if we were going to Airport T1,2,3 or T4 there was an extra fee. I wasn't too happy about that. I met Hannah, who is another USAC student as we were getting off and she said it was stupid, but I said the airport is trying to make money anyway they can. I wanted to try my metro pass before I paid anything else, so I did. It worked! No extra fee for me! Then I had several moments of confusion as I made my way to check in. Everything went fine, my bag wasn't overweight or anything and I was on my way to security.

Not one problem and my chips are still with me as I sit in my gate! It took me a bit to find my gate, since it's not in T4, it's in T4 satellite, which I had to take a metro trolly thing to get to. Then my gate was literally the farthest you could go in the airport. But I got here and everything is all dandy. Now I just need to wait until my boarding call ad then get on the flight. I'm so excited to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment