Friday, July 20, 2012

Viernes - 22.36

It was so hard to get up this morning. I was so tired, and I'm not completely sure why, since I was in bed by about ten thirty last night. I managed to get to campus early enough to stop into the office to return the movie I borrowed, and then get to class. Well, apparently the majority of the USAC group went out last night, and I guess it was pretty "good". There were two of us in my art class today. Me, and the other girl that never seems to do anything social or talk to anyone. It was kind of weird, like we missed the memo or something. Patricia asked us if we knew if they were planning a trip or anything, and I just shrugged. I assume Fawna did the same. It was a decent class though, we learned all about Gaudi's architecture in Barcelona, and it was pretty cool because I was in a blot of the buildings she showed on the screen. We focused a lot on the Sagrada Familia. I enjoyed that. I was SO tired though, I had to drink sips of water every few seconds. It only kind of helped. I'm glad I like that class though, or it would have been worse. We took a ten minute break today instead of a twenty, since there were only two of us and we stay in the classroom anyway.

After class got out early, I sat outside my next classroom and waited. I played on my phone. Then half the class was missing again, but I was there and Lynette was there, since she didn't go out and party (I found out a few days ago she has kids, which explains a lot about her...), and Kristen since she was presenting today, and also David. So it was a pretty decent size. Kristen presented over the Olympics, so it was more interesting than yesterday. After that class, I made my way back to the apartment. When I got back, I went straight to sleep. I really wasn't feeling good, and still am not, really. I think it's probably the lack of decent sleep (it's so hard to sleep during the night b/c of the heat!) and my very poor, unhealthy diet these past few weeks. I'm almost done though, and I'm so excited to sleep in my bed in the US!

I woke up around five, and then pretty much did nothing for an hour. I then ate some crackers and Nutella for lunch, and got dressed/ready for the Opera. I figured out how to use the self-timer on my camera today! It took me a while to figure it out haha. After I was all ready, I went through my presentation for my conversation class. I did it in about fifteen minutes, which is good because we need to do it in ten, so when I talk faster due to nerves in front of the class, it'll be perfect! I know most of the words already too, so I'm not too worried. Then I headed out. I didn't take my camera, since I didn't think we'd be able to take pictures. I wouldn't have taken them during the performance anyway, I think that's rude to those around.

 (The view from my seat - an awesome one!)

There was a woman in my seat when I got there, so I sat next to her, and then the man who had the seat I was sitting in came, so I had to ask her to move. It all worked out fine though, I probably should have just let her know she was in the wrong seat when I got there. Oh well. I really liked the show. First, there were screens that projected the lyrics/words in English and Spanish, so I knew what was going on! Then, I was so close to the front that I could see the orchestra! It was amazing! I didn't think I liked opera's before going to this one, so I wasn't really expecting to like it, but I loved it. The actresses and actors (there were only four males and three were only onstage for a few minutes) did such an awesome job, they really put emotion into it. There was only one character that I didn't understand, and that's because she was talking like poetry, and I couldn't read, watch, and understand all at the same time.

I'm really glad I went though, it was well worth the 17.50! Here's some photos I took from the Teatro Real website, since I didn't take any myself.




When I got out of the theater at the end (after much deserved applause), I headed straight for the metro. I got home pretty quickly, and when I did, I got ready for bed; washed my face, brushed my teeth, changed out of my dress, etc. I then uploaded a few pics, downloaded some, and wrote this blog post. I'm super tired though, and I have to get up at my regular time tomorrow, since we're going to El Escorial! I'm excited for it, and I'm going to charge my camera battery once I unplug my computer, so it'll be good to go tomorrow! But for now, that is it. Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment