Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Miércoles - 22.38

So today was a very anti productive day. I woke up around eight, ate my breakfast, got dressed, and then lounged around. I didn't have class until 11:30, so I decided to take a nap because I was tired. I set my alarm for 10:30, but when it went off I decided I was going to use my free day today. I went back to sleep. I am just not doing so well with the heat. I have a constant headache and I'm always tired... I left at 3 and got a sandwich mixto from the supermarket for lunch. I only ate about a third of it before I threw it in the trash. I wasn't hungry for it, but I don't have many options. I headed to the Thyssen museum for class at 4, eating on the way. I went the wrong way off the metro, but I left early enough that it didn't matter. I was still the first one there, fifteen minutes early. 

Class was good today, though I have to say I don't like the Thyssen nearly as much as the other two of the "big three". That's what the Prado, Reina Sofia, and Thyssen are called. The Thyssen just doesn't have much, it's all really spread out too so it seems even more empty. But it was ok. We only had one peer presentation today. She did pretty good. Her artist was Dalí. We ended early, which I was really excited for.  Why? Because I had to meet a group of students at a metro stop near a theater.

We went to see a Flamenco Ballet. For me it was interesting because I've never seen Flamenco, and as far as I can remember I've never really seen ballet either. So seeing them together was fun. It was a good show. I missed Brandon a lot though, because it was a story about a couple and there were some romantic scenes. I'm really glad I went though. It was fifteen euros, but I think it was worth it. It got me out of the apartment for longer and have me something to do while I waited for dinner. After the play I went back to the apartment. I took the same metro ride as David, since he had to transfer lines at my stop. Somehow we got on the topic of flying out, and it turns out their flight (the group flight) leaves at 7am! I'm glad I'm not on that, because I would have to pay to get to the airport somehow. I'm too cheap for that.

Anyway, I had an hour to wait before dinner. The internet still isn't working either. It's a darn good thing I have a lot of data left on my phone! I asked Monica at dinner if there was a problem with the wi-fi and she said it hasn't been working since yesterday. I didn't tell her it actually stopped working Monday. I'm the only one here with a computer too, so I don't think it'll be fixed anytime soon. Yay. Dinner was good, it was hot dogs! Not real meat, but meat nonetheless. It was good. I had my yogurt for dessert and it was the kind with brown sugar today! Extra yum! After dinner I showered and brushed my teeth. Then I typed this on my phone, and am getting ready to go to bed. I'm just so tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment