Sunday, June 24, 2012

Domingo - 18.15

Ah, well today's been a nice, boring day. I slept in today until 8:30, when I got up. I then took my time to get ready and eat my breakfast. I wanted to go to El Rastro this morning as well, and I moseyed on over. I didn't stay long this week, though. I had three euros in change, and then a 100 euro bill. I didn't think any of the vendors would have change for that, and I didn't think it was smart to ask and attract attention to the fact that I had a 100 bill in my pocket. So I just looked around, while still looking for any larger businesses that were open. The only places were restaurants, and I didn't want to go ask them without buying anything. I'm either going to stop into a bank tomorrow or buy my 1.10 euro sandwich and hope they have change at a supermarket. Wish me luck!

Anyway, after the Rastro, I came straight back to the apartment. I did my email and Facebook run before taking a nap. I woke up before too long, and got changed for running. I hadn't gotten my sports bra back yet, but I was the only one home, so I walked into the laundry room. Luckily, it was hanging right in front of me - literally, on a circular clothes hanger. I unpinned it (it was dry) and headed back to my room. Then I stretched and ate some crackers before heading out to Retiro. I did my normal ten minute run, but I had taken a different route, and got lost. Luckily I had nowhere to be until 7pm, so I was able to be lost for another five hours. I stopped to do my abs and push-ups in a different spot this time, though still in a shady patch of grass. Then I did my five minute cool down while trying to find my entrance. After my cool down, I realized my headband was no longer on my head. It is somewhere lying in Retiro. I'll miss that little guy, may it rest in peace. When I finally made it out, I headed home. It only took me an extra twenty minutes. On my little detour to my entrance, I ran into this penguin! He's all dressed for a day at the office! It made me think of Brandon again, like all the penguins here in Madrid.

When I got back, I didn't have an apple, so I settled for my banana. It was still delicious. I then went and took a shower. I don't know if it was allowed since Pilar was napping, but it was over 100°s out today, so I was pretty sweaty and craving a shower. I could still hear snoring when I got out, so I think I was quiet enough. Then for the next two hours I did homework. I attempted to read more of my Spanish book, but gave up pretty quickly. Then I started my final paper for my culture class. I'm about halfway done writing, I just need to edit it before turning it in on Thursday. I had some peanuts for lunch, and then washed out my Nutella jar that I had finished before my run. I was able to get the label off this one with water, so I may do that with the first one too. We'll see.

After that I got to Skype mom and dad! It was good, it lasted for three rounds of a half hour. The first time mom's battery died, then the second time we lost internet connection. But we persevered. Between the time we said goodbye and the time I was told dinner was done, I worked on my paper some more. It went pretty well, I'm now half way done. I'm not sure if I'm doing it completely right, but I'm following the instructions (which are pretty vague). I should probably ask in class on Tuesday...

Dinner was delicious. It was definitely a lasagna this time. Not as thick as I'm used to at home. I was also able to take a picture since Pilar wasn't in the room again. She was in the living room on the phone. Anyway, it had a creamy cheese over the top, so yummy, served with a slice of bread. Below is the photo.


After dinner I Skyped Brandon, or tried to for a while. My internet connection was apparently really bad, we tried 10+ times, the longest short call lasting 41seconds :( I cried a little inside. But we finally got it to work after I logged out and then back in again! I was excited. I showed him my Madagascar cups. It was fun. Now I'm bout to go to bed, because I don't wanna be tired for class. Jorge doesn't like that much, he calls on those people extra. So I pretend to be awake and drink lots of agua. But until tomorrow, goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment