Friday, June 15, 2012

Viernes - 22.00

My mid-term exam was this morning. Honestly, I have no idea how it went. I knew some parts, and was able to zip right through them, then other parts I felt like I was guessing for some of the questions. I'm pretty sure I at least got a D though, but I'll have to wait to find out my actual grade. Hopefully he'll have them graded and such by Monday. He gave us our second compositions back to fix, and I think this one has less green than the last one! So that's exciting, unless he's expecting us to catch our own mistakes, in which case, not so exciting. After the exam I came home, because I didn't have anything else to do on campus.

I stopped into the store on my street again today. I usually do, though I never buy anything. I like the feel of being in the store. I guess that makes me sound like a total woman, but I don't mind. I actually tried stuff on today. The thing with this store, Himlaya, is that the mannequins change clothes almost daily. Most of the time, I love what the mannequin is wearing. Last week she was wearing a blue dress, and I loved it! Today she was wearing a yellow tank top that I really liked. So I went into the store. I found the tank top, but chose more of a peach color. I also found the blue dress. I added another peach tank top and what I thought was a blue and green floral tank top. Then I headed to the dressing room. The dress was just okay, the tank top I didn't like at all. The second tank top was really cute, and I would wear it a lot, especially here, but I didn't love it. The last one turned out not to be a tank top, but a jumper. I almost didn't try it on, but I liked the pattern and the design of the top so much that I kept an open mind. I ended up loving it. Not the jumper part, but the top, the design, the pattern, the fit, everything. So I bought it. I'll admit, I'm planning on wearing shorts over the bottom, but maybe I'll work up to no shorts. I'll have to wait and see.

I also found shoes and a belt. The belt is a teal-turquoise color and was a total bargain, only 3 euros compared to the 9 at every other store I look at. I'm excited to wear it tomorrow. It matched most of what I brought here too, which is good. I bought it. The shoes, however, I did not. They were an ankle boot, a dark sort of taupe. They were really comfortable, and at least 5euros cheaper than most other places. I loved them, but wasn't sure if they would really match my closet. Plus, I'm really looking for sandals, not boots. But the jumper and the belt are now mine.

After that shopping detour, I came home and took my slowly-becoming-regular nap. Then I did my email, Facebook, and a bit of Alph Gam work for the fall. A nice laid back day before going to Toledo tomorrow. They changed the meeting point too, which I was thrilled about. We're now meeting at the university, which I know how to get to! Before it was somewhere in the middle of Madrid. It would have been an adventure. But I'm planning on wearing my teal belt tomorrow with my blue and green flower shirt. It'll provide protection for my shoulders from the sun, but still let the breeze through. I've planned it out.

Dinner tonight was Pilar, Monica and I. The first time I've seen Monica in a while actually. I ate a chicken fillet with a slice of bread and french fries. They have a fryer here, so the fries are always fresh, crispy, and salty! For dessert, yogurt once again. Pilar offered me gazpacho at dinner as well, but I was able to say "no, thank you" today. Go me! So until tomorrow, adiós.

No comments:

Post a Comment