Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Martes - 20.54


Well, the day started off normal, I woke up and got ready, and then went to campus. My first class was normal, same ole same ole. I was able to pay a bit more attention, though I was still in pain. I think it's confined itself mostly to the mornings now, which is good. Maybe tomorrow it'll be gone for good? I can hope. But we were assigned our second composition, which is "Autobiografía". I wrote mostly about high school and college, since my memory is a bit shady on the early years. After class, I went with Alicia and Julian to buy plane tickets to Bilbao in the north. We went through Ryanair, so the total was the same price as taking a bus to Barcelona! (Bilbao is further north than Barcelona). I'm excited because it's less than I thought. The bus trips in between cities are only like 6 euros too, uber cheap. We're planning on going to Bilbao first for a day, then Vittoria, Esquival and one other city the second, and then San Sebastian the third, before returning to Bilbao for our flight back to Madrid. It should be an awesome time. We're planning this for in between the sessions, from the 1st of July to the 3rd.

After that I went to the USAC office to figure out my youth metro pass for July. Apparently I'm the first student that it's worked for, which I guess is cool, except that now I'm the guinea pig, which may not be the best thing. Then I rushed to class (which I as a minute late for). It was still interesting, but it's more about politics and political parties, which it's hard for me to follow. But other than that it was good. Our professor likes to talk. A lot. She got us into groups to summarize a part of the chapter for the rest of class, but when we were summarizing, she would interrupt us every minute or so to discuss more, and then be surprised when we said she covered it all. Other than that it was good. After class I went and got another 1.10euro sandwich! This time it didn't have a mayonnaise based sauce (which I thought they all did) so I was excited... it made picking off the tomatoes worth it. Then I headed back to the apartment to drop off my books and grab my camera.

A group of students went out to lunch after classes at 1:30, but I didn't join them because a) it gets expensive, and b) I didn't get out of class until then. So I headed over to the museum Reina Sofia where we were going to go and I was the first one there. There were bars across the door, so I looked up their hours. Someone messed up because Tuesday was the only day they're closed. So I went back to the metro station (after getting a photo of another penguin statue that was there!). I stopped into a few stores on the way home to look for new sandals, and I found some for only 3 euros! But I didn't like any of them, so I kept moving. I decided that since I was already out, I would go to the street in Sol that Karina had mentioned had cheap shopping. I found it without getting lost, but I think Karina's idea of cheap is different than mine, because most items were 14.99 euros plus, and I'm way too stingy for that. So I quickly came back to the apartment.

It wasn't a bad idea though, because it gave me time to write my next composition (my autobiography) and do the worksheet for my Spanish class. Tomorrow I'm going to get to campus early (like normal) and read my book for my second class, which I didn't do today. It's only one chapter, so I'm not too worried about it.   After I got all that done, I took a nap. I like naps. When I woke back up, I wrote a bunch of note cards (19, I counted) for my exam this Friday and then read over them once before being called to dinner. It was a bean soup. I'm not sure what type of bean (it was a tan color), but it was so delicious! It's the first thing here that I've really wanted more of but was too full to eat. It was SO good. Then I had yogurt for dessert, which has become my usual.

After that I showered and got ready for bed. I started writing my blog, and momma skype-called me. So I stopped writing this because she yelled at me :p It's good to see them all again. Well, most of them. Mom, dad, Ryan, and Copper were all there Jason was MIA. But I got caught up on what they were doing and caught them up to what I did today since this blog post wasn't up yet. But that was about it for my day... nothing too exciting. I think I'm going to try and see the Reina Sofia tomorrow evening, since I know where it is now. In the afternoon I think I'll sit in the sun to study. Maybe I'll go to the restaurant for lunch and then sit on campus since it's so pretty. I'll wait and see I guess.

P.S. Grandma, I'm doing much better today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment