Thursday, June 28, 2012

Jueves - 22.28


Well, my exams were today. My first one (composition) was rough. I think I guessed on about half the exam. Hopefully I do better than I’m expecting though. We also FINALLY got our compositions back! My average is a 91.75. Wooh! So that will help bring my grade up. Not that it really matters if I pass. An A is the same as a D for Tech. I went to the library and half studied for my second exam. By half study, I mean I checked Facebook and my email a few times, and then finished my drawing, and then read my notes. It turns out I really didn’t need to study at all anyway. The exam was so easy! It was three short essays, and she literally told us all the main points yesterday. It was awesome. I finished in a half hour.

To reward myself, I ate in the restaurant. Today it was seafood paella, and it was pretty good. I’m not really a big seafood person, and having shells in my food isn’t really a turn on for me. My second plate was calamari and French fries. I squirted lemon over my calamari and it was delicious!  For dessert, I took an apple again, my usual. When I got back to the apartment, I went through some of my things and straightened up. Then I took a nap. It’s just so hot here; I’m not used to it! I feel like I’m melting away. When I woke up from my nap, I was all kinds of sweaty. No me gusta… Then I was on Facebook, uploaded my photos from last night, and checked my email. Pretty standard. 

I also went to Sol to browse souvenir shops. I found a regalo for someone else! I think this person is really going to like it. Plus, every store I went to after that had the same type of thing… for 2 or 3 euros more. I totally got the best deal on it. I also bought a little Spanish flag for myself. I’m excited for it. I know exactly where I’m going to put it too… in the vase I got from Brianna for my last birthday/Christmas on my desk in Houghton. It’s the perfect size! I was excited. I also saw a lot of picture frames that I liked, but didn’t buy. I want to make sure there isn’t one I like better for cheaper somewhere.

When I got back it was just about dinner time. For dinner, it was deep fried calamari again, a smaller, different version of empanadas, and what I think was deep fried mashed potatoes? It tasted like it, but I don’t know what it actually was. Yogurt for dessert. Pilar gets a kick out of it every time she offers me it, because she knows it’s what I pick every time.

I’m going to head out around 11. I’m going to meet up with Julian, Alicia, and Jennifer to go to a club tonight. It’s supposed to be free for women, so I’m hoping it is! I don’t need to be spending more money. I probably won’t say too long either if it’s anything like Joy. But it should be fun to go and hang out with people again. I’ll post on how it goes.

Tomorrow I’m going to hit up Templo de Debod and take lots of photos! Hopefully it’s air conditioned, but I seriously doubt it. Then at 5 I’m going to a pool party!! I’m SO excited for that! It’s at Alicia’s intercambio’s place. I don’t know how many people will be there, I’m hoping not too many, but if there’s a pool, I won’t be too picky haha. Then Saturday I’m tagging along with Alicia for whatever she’s going to do for the Gay Pride Festival here in Madrid. It’s supposed to be a big deal, so I may bring my camera. But that’s it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment