Friday, June 8, 2012

Viernes - 21.00


Well, let’s see… today was a very boring day, but with achievements. I did my normal wake up routine and got to school around the normal time. I sat down and read (tried to read) one of my books for my Spanish Composition class. Class was good today, I managed to understand more than half of what he said, and I answered all the questions he asked me correctly! The group work wasn’t hard either; we had to ask each other about what was important in our lives. Both of us totally blanked. There’s tons of stuff now that I would say, but I think most other people blanked too or misunderstood the question, because most people only had one or two things listed as well. I asked a clarification question at the end of class about my composition paper too. All is well in that class.

Then I was done for the day! My second class is only a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday class. I headed over to the library with my book that I need to read for next Friday. We’re having our midterm and we’re being tested over the first part of the book. It took me an hour to read two chapters (which was about ten pages). I had to look up so many vocab words! But I had a very rewarding feeling afterward. At one I gave up for a break and headed to the restaurant for lunch. I got lasagna type stuff and chicken nuggets with French fries and coconut yogurt for dessert. I sat with a bunch of people from my class too. It was nice and from what they were saying about class today, I’m ahead of them! I flew through the exercise in about three minutes during class and it was confusing them during lunch. That gives me a boost of confidence. They didn’t know they were supposed to be reading the book yet either. They thought we would be told when to start reading, so they’re lucky I mentioned it.

After that I headed home. I read a quick chapter, and then I allowed myself to take a nap. It was only for an hour though, because I wanted to be able to read more of my book. I ended up reading all the chapters for next Friday. Now all I have to do is reread it on Tuesday or Wednesday, which should only take a half an hour at most since I already translated the words I don’t know. Then Thursday I just need to skim it. I’m in good shape. This way I can pay more attention to the vocab and verb forms during the week, when I’m sure others will be scrambling to finish reading. It’s very rewarding to be able to say that I have read a book in Spanish. Granted, the age range is 8 to 88, so eight year olds can also read it, but it’s not my first language.

Now I’m writing for today and then going to head out for dinner. I think its empanadas. Pilar had me try a little of hers yesterday to see if I like it. I did, so she said it would be dinner today. I need to tell her I won’t be here for any meals tomorrow or breakfast on Sunday. Luckily, I think I know how to say it in Spanish. I also have photos picked out of friends and family back home to show her after dinner, if I have time, which I should. I don’t know if Monica will be here though. I can show her when I get back on Sunday too though.
I’m excited for this weekend. We’re meeting tonight at 11:30 at the train/bus station, and leaving at midnight. I hope I can fall asleep and stay asleep on the bus. I’m going to need a good rest. I’m sooo tired today and I’m pretty sure my mono isn’t gone, because I still feel sick to my stomach and my head swims when I get too tired. But I’m pushing through because I’m in Spain and I’m not going to miss out! I refuse!

But it should be fun. We’re planning on going to the beach, shopping, sightseeing (of course), and a few places that the others want to go to. I’m ok with whatever, I’m just along for the ride. We leave Barcelona at 7:00 in the morning, so we’re going to have to stay up until we can get on the bus! This is okay, it gives us a full night to experience Barcelona’s night life too, and most of the others going aren’t the sloppy, get drunk type of partiers, so it should be perfect!

So now I just wait for dinner, shower and get dressed, and head out! I’m only bringing my new purse (and camera of course!) too, so I hope I have everything I need! Wish me luck for this weekend.

P.S. It was not a fluke, I got the door open in just two tries today. Go me!

1 comment:

  1. This a fluke that u got it open in just one :p

    <")

    ReplyDelete