Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Martes - 21.29

I woke up early again today, and got to campus early. I was able to sit outside, because it was warm enough! I started a sketch in my sketch book too, it feels so good to draw again! Class took my mood way down, we learned still more things! I'm not sure that I'll be able to do well on this exam, and I don't know if I can count on my compositions to pull my grade up... I just have to hope for the best and hope that I have extra good luck on Thursday. Between classes I sat outside (it was so nice out today!) and edited my last composition. I am officially done with homework for that class. I just need to read/translate the book for the exam, and then study for the exam. I'm not worried about the book part, and if it's included in the exam grade, I'm completely okay with that. I also went to the Reprografia, which is the printing room on campus to pick up the boarding pass for my flight to Bilbao this weekend. So exciting!

My second class cheered me up, because I like the professor so much. She was making jokes and everything today. I finished my paper, so now all I need to do is pay attention in the review tomorrow, and do well on the exam.

After class, I headed to the restaurante. It was a bad morning for me, so I figured I deserved some comfort food. Below is what I got. My starter was a rice with corn, peas, egg, and I think something else, but I was unable to identify it. It was so delicious! I ate every last bite of it, and then I couldn't believe I ate it all! My main course was empanadas, and I gave the guy a laugh when I asked for them by name. I pronounced it wrong. A USAC girl that sat with us said she thought what I said means "hair-do". Yeah, that would give me a laugh too. But it was close enough and he corrected my pronunciation with a laugh, so I didn't feel too stupid. It was served with french fries. I took the apple for later, slipping it into my bag among my books.

When I got home, I finished writing my paper. I then edited it and formatted it, and emailed it to the Reprografia, so I can pick it up tomorrow before class, and then have it ready to turn it in on Thursday. I allowed myself to take a small nap after, since it was too hot to go running yet. When I woke up, I took my time getting changed, and then headed out. I will say this, being at this home-stay in Spain taught me something unexpected. I am so not ready to have kids ANYTIME soon. I can't deal with their constant screaming and whining. I'm sure when I have my own I'll be able to put up with it and I'll love them and everything, but other people's kids, nope. I don't wanna have anything to do with them. Carlitos was screaming about something again today, and yesterday when Monica was cutting his hair, it was like she was scalping him with all the screaming! But I was able to escape for my run.

It was so hot out, I was sweating after my eight minute (yes I timed it) walk to the park today. I did my regular ten minutes, which is a piece of cake compared to when I started, and then stopped in my regular shady, grassy area for abs and push-ups. I got sweat on my sunglasses. It was not too pleasant. I skipped my five minute cool down because it was just too hot. On the TV at dinner today they said that today was the highest temperature on record for Andalusia (south Spain) for the past 100 years! It showed 44 degrees, which is 112 Fahrenheit. It doesn't seem that warm by looking at the number, but I'm sure it's killer! Pilar said today was abnormally warm for Madrid too. When I got back, the first thing I did was take a shower. I turned the water to cold, and it was cold for a few minutes, then it turned warm, then cold again. It was weird, I would expect it to get cold when I put it on hot, but not the other way around. After that, I came and sat in my room, which now felt cool compared to outside and the humidity of the bathroom, and ate my apple from lunch.

I then chatted with Brandon on g-mail, and it was awesome. He always knows how to cheer me up. I also read/translated three and a half chapters! I felt rather productive. Then I was called to dinner. Today it was a soup first. I'm not sure what it was, and I didn't ask. It was a puree of some sort, it kind of tasted like carrots, but it might have been a type of squash? I'm not sure. It tasted good. The second part was tortilla de patata con cebollas (potato tortilla with onions). It was delicious. Pilar said it was very typical of Spain, and she kind of looked surprised when I asked what it was. I'm not sure if that was because I asked what it was, or because I didn't know what it was. But I asked! I felt proud of myself. 

Now I'm going to tackle a few more chapters before tomorrow, so I can get to campus at my regular time and study before my culture class. Wish me luck for Thursday, I'm going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment