Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sábado - 21.25

This entry will be short. I did nothing all day until about 4:30. There's a shop right next to the metro that I get on every day, and it's been under construction for the past month. Imagine my excitement when I saw that it was open for business. I headed there at 4:30 to take a look around before I met Julian outside near the metro. It is my new favorite store here in Madrid. The best way I can think to describe it is like a Michael's or a Jo-Ann's. There was such a wide variety of stuff! There's sand toys and pool toys when you first walk in, then sunglasses, then electronics like flashlights, computer mice, book lamps, etc. Then the middle section is all crafts and school supplies, colored pencils, markers, papers, beads, envelopes, blank canvases, sketchpads, paperclips, folders, binders, notebooks, etc. Next is a toys section, then a home goods section, with candles, lamps, little nick knacks, towels, bath products, etc. After that is a miscellaneous section, then a cooking section. They had some really cute kitchen timers and cutting boards. I really like that store.

Then I met Julian and we walked back to my apartment with his suitcase. He's not staying for the second session, but he's going with us girls to Bilbao and San Sebastian, so he doesn't have a home-stay anymore where he can keep his stuff, so I said he could keep a suitcase here since I'll be gone too. I made him stay in the lobby though because I'm pretty sure he's not allowed in the apartment. After that we headed to a supermarket to get lunch (at 5pm), and then to the metro to meet Alicia to watch the parade.

It was a lot of fun. There were so many different kinds of people there; old, young, gay, straight, male, female, even some drag queens! There were also some really cool costumes. We saw the Hulk, and he was probably my favorite. There were also a lot of men in thongs and super short shorts... I did not need to see so much skin tonight. I could definitely have done without. There was also a LOT of glitter and shiny costumes. I liked that part. It was really cool though, there weren't floats, but there were huge buses. Picture a semi pulling a stage. Then picture about ten in a row, packed with people. It was pretty sweet. I'm so glad I went. Alicia was dead tired, and Julian was too, so we were a pretty quiet bunch. After I came back to the apartment because I didn't want to miss dinner.

It was the condensed noodle soup again, then a fish fillet with some potato chips. I really liked it. The chips here weren't salty enough for me though... they're just... normal chips haha. Then I had a yogurt for dessert. Pilar was running around the whole time I ate because they have company over, so I didn't get to talk with her much. She did clarify when I'm leaving and when I'm coming back though, so I'm all set to go! I have to meet up with Julian again in about a half hour to go over our route to get to the airport, since the metro's don't open until 6am and our flight is a 6:20. Alicia and Jennifer are going together and Julian and I are going together because they live on the other side of Madrid. I heard it's complicated too, more so than just catching a bus and then a shuttle. Hopefully it works out for pretty cheap...

Other than that I'm just going to sleep as much as possible until I need to leave here at 3:00 am. It's gonna be rough. I'm all packed though, so all I'll need to do is roll out of bed, put on my shoes and go. That's what I'm planning. I'll probably quadruple check my bag and make sure I have everything, but it'll still be quick. I'm hoping I can sleep a bit on the buses/shuttle if they're long, and then on the 2 hour flight so when we get to Bilbao I can be up and running! I'm not going to try coffee again, I learned my lesson with that in Barcelona. All natural this time... hopefully it works! I'm bringing my phone with me, so I should be able to continue posting about my daily adventures. For now, adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment