Monday, June 11, 2012

Lunes - 20.47

Today was a pretty boring day, unfortunately. I am still not feeling my best, so it was a lot of resting. I woke up and left for school much later than normal, but still got there 20 minutes early, allowing me to read an article for my culture and civilization class. Class was okay, I normally get a small headache from concentrating so hard on trying to understand what he's saying, but today was real bad because I already had a headache. Plus, when going over our homework, he again called on me for THE ONLY question I had answered wrong. It must be a required talent of professors... Other than that it was good though. I also drank two bottles of water during class, one in the first hour and one in the second hour. So that was good. I felt awful, but I think it was because I had just woken up too.

After that, I found the place that a couple of the students have been talking about! They've been saying they've found a place they can buy sandwiches for 1.10euros! It's true! It's in a supermarket across from campus, and today it was perfect because there's no way I would have been able to eat nearly a quarter of what we get in the restaurant. It took me a while to walk around the supermarket, but I didn't mind. It was pretty busy too. When I found my sandwich I made my way to the line. This was my lesson in Spanish personal bubbles. I thought I was in line, but I guess I wasn't close enough to the man in front of me, because a woman got right up to him in front of me. Not long after, a woman was so close behind me I could feel her bumping into my bag! It was okay though, because the woman who cut me saw that I only had a sandwich and let me go ahead of her, which was nice. Plus it didn't take me long to process what she said! It was like a normal conversation length. Progress! I ate half my sandwich on the way to the metro, taking a small break before eating the second half to see how my body felt. When I was on the metro, I was able to eat the second half. A FULL sandwich, that's the most I've eaten in over 24 hours. That's how I know I'm getting a bit better.

I rode the metro with Mariam (who I went to Barcelona with) and Taylor (the blonde from the club) sat across from us. I've decided why she seems so familiar. She seems just like a Michelle Chreck. For those of you who don't know Michelle, she's the type of person that's really nice and polite when she's with her family or with adults, and is really nice to you when it's just you and one other person, but when her friends are around, you don't exist. It turns out Taylor got food poisoning this weekend too though, so I did feel kind of bad for her.

Once I got home, I took a nap right away. I was still so tired! I ended up sleeping until about 4. Then I woke up and did the last bit of reading for tomorrow's class before getting on Facebook. I edited the photos I took in Barcelona from about 500 to roughly 300. Then I uploaded them. I also chatted with Brandon and momma :) Then I did some quick emails and now I'm on my blog! All in all, a pretty boring day. I was going to go to the Theatro Real because Karina posted a link on my Fbook saying they had free entry and shows, but that was at 7, and I was still feeling pretty ill. Hopefully they'll have something like that again before I leave! Now I'm awaiting dinner, and I may make up some flashcards for my midterm this Friday. I think I'll do okay on it, I seem to be at the same level as the majority of the class, in some cases above. It's still better to be prepared though.

So until my next blog post, adiós!

* a las 21.53
Just ate dinner, it was soo good! It was spaghetti, which was a wonderful taste of home. Of course it was different, this one tasted as thought it might have seafood of some sort in it, but it was still good. I was also able to eat an entire plate of spaghetti, and yogurt for dessert! I think I'm on the mend!

No comments:

Post a Comment