Friday, June 8, 2012

Viernes - 22:00

*Una Mensaje Especial*

I talked to Pilar at dinner! Monica isn't here, but Maria Teresa is. When she went to the bathroom Pilar asked if I was going out tonight. I replied that I was going to Barcelona for the weekend. We then talked about how pretty Barcelona is, and how she thinks I'll like it. She said there were many buildings and monuments based on historical figures and such. I said that I like history and she seemed a bit surprised, but excited. I also mentioned that it's prettier than the US here, and that I wanted to see as much of Spain as possible (actually I said "I want to see all of Spain" because I knew that vocab, but it's the same sentiment). We talked about what the climate and views are like, how it's really green in the north, and sunny in parts of the south, desert in others. It's the same as I'm learning in my Spanish Culture and Civilization class. I'm learning the geography, climates in the countries, and the history of the places in relation to the world as well as the rest of Spain. It's proving to be a beneficial class I suppose. I'm glad I took it so far.

I also said I wouldn't be here for food on Saturday or breakfast on Sunday. Woo! I'm so proud of myself! I might show the photos to them tonight, but I might wait until Monica is here to show them both. I'll see where the night takes me... before it takes me to the train station :)

No comments:

Post a Comment