Saturday, June 2, 2012

Domingo - 4.35

I know it's early, but I want to write all this down while it's still fresh in my mind. I experienced the Madrid nightlife. After dinner I was feeling pretty good, so I decided to take a chance and dance :) This time, literally. A group of girls wanted to go out tonight, and a few of us tagged along. By the time we all met up at the fountain (which I found without getting lost!) there were 15 of us. It was really odd, we were waiting in a big group while we waited for the last two people and people kept coming up to us to try and get us to come to their bar/club by offering us free entry or free drinks. Maybe they were just trying to rip off some Americans, I don't know. We decided to go to Joy, a club that two members of our group had already been to.

It was really fun. I'm so glad I went! It was my first club experience, and overseas nevertheless. I actually made a lot of friends, all of which were American and I spoke English to, but it's a start. I need something to be comfortable with before I can really branch out. If I know I have support from others in my situation, I'm more outgoing. It was crazy though, there were people everywhere! I learned something about Spanish men too, they're very friendly. In more ways than one. The club had multiple levels of stages, and to get up, there were about four levels. When us females were going up, men would hold out their hand to help us. Then there were other times when they would grab our hands or waist to try and get us to dance.

One girl we went with, Taylor, is blonde, and all the Spanish men were all over her. They were grabbing her hair, her waist, her hands, arms, shoulders, it was insane! I was glad I'm not blonde. I think I blended in a bit more. After being there a while they got a bit more forward towards me, so I headed up to the balcony where some of the guys from our group were standing. Then one of them told me he'd be my personal bodyguard. Lol it worked out great after that. I kept thinking about Brandon the whole time though. I wish he were here with me.

Nights (or mornings) like tonight are going to be few and far between for me though. It's not my scene in the US, and it's not my scene here either. It was fun to say I've been though. I took a taxi home because I knew I would get lost if I attempted to find my way alone. The smaller group I was with walked to the road with me to make sure I was safe. I appreciated that a lot :) They all live within walking distance to the club, but I don't. When I got here to my apartment though, I could NOT get my key to work for the first ten or so tries. I freaked out for a bit, took a small walk, and tried a few more times. It FINALLY worked once I turned the key really roughly. I guess I'm really not good with keys. I got in okay, I hope I was quiet enough with the key in the front door though. I know I'm quiet with the doors, but the lock is quite loud...

Anyway, I'm going to sleep now, luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment